The Planted Tank Forum banner

Any1 know bout the new fish store opening in n. Quincy?

2K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Say Car Ramrod 
#1 ·
My friend saw them setting up racks in a store front on Hancock street.

I went over to make sure it was "restaurant" racks.
Doesn't look like it.

Anyone confirm its a fish store ?

#16 ·
Can you generalize what type of livestock, and dry goods they have or aiming for, and was it soley freshwater or saltwater too, or was it just a drive by?

All i know is the south shore needs a shop other then lovely pets. aidens coral cove in stoughton is already up for sale, aquadreams in stoughton is only saltwater.

#17 ·
The store was still in the process of getting set up. Half their tanks didn't not have water in it yet. They did have a lot of koi and goldfishes along with a few mid sized flower horns. Didn't speak to the owner as I just stopped in to take a look while walking by. I did see 2 in discus (no price was seen) and some rummynose tetras (4$ ea)

#19 ·
Stopped by this lfs twice in the past week and got to talk to the owner Sheldon. He started the fish store in Chinatown but he sold it several years ago. Sheldon owns aquatic treasures in Watertown and also builds and service ponds. Setting up ponds in the spring/summer and winterizing ponds for the winter has taken time away from him to finish up the store. But there are enough freshwater tanks in the store to enjoy. Not to mention his prices are great! You can get discus that are around 2 inches for $25 each! Various strains of Rainbowfish from 5-9$. roseline barbs for $9. He also had red tiger lotus bulbs for 5$ ea. I say had because I think I bought them all. The store is mainly livestock with a small selection of hardware and close to no plants. But his goal is to get livestock in that are rarely seen in any lfs and to offer freshwater plants and a saltwater selection.

#20 ·
I just left this shop and I give it two thumbs way up! I left with a couple beautiful bosemani rainbows. The discus looked absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to see how his shop will look once it's fully stocked! It's cash only so come prepared. It's to left of buccini's mister sub if you can't find it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.