The Planted Tank Forum banner

Official SunSun Pimp Club

103K views 493 replies 191 participants last post by  Patriot 
#1 ·
SunSun Filters are great bang for the buck. After my review and finding some folks here that have SunSun's, I think it is time for a SunSun pimp club.

To join please post here and put your this in your sig!

SunSun Pimp #(your number here). I will slowly update the original post to reflect this.

To discuss the SunSuns(don't bash them here, head over to the review/discussion in my sig for that!)

1. over_stocked

#3 · (Edited)
bit the bullet, pimp #3

Update: Whether over_stocked forgot or just hasn't had time, I went ahead and made the list of the current members so far for him. If I've forgotten someone or you want to be added just shoot me a message.

Current Members List:

1. over_stocked
2. bigboij
3. snoz0r
4. aquascape ebay
5. archer772
6. HungrySpleen
7. redman88
8. RLee
9. slapnutz
10. insta
11. tyler79durdan
12. fischman
13. edlab03
14. cichlidude
15. B0st0wn
16. Chafire
17. switherow
18. Dara
19. jmowbray
20. tuffgoing
21. Chaos Being
22. jeffvmd
23. cat4wisson
24. WeedCali
25. dizzle 21
26. kaldurak
27. axia55
28. DevonCloud
29. Disruptor
30. caall99
31. kaldurak

#17 ·
Thanks!

I like the black, but... is this a SunSun? The info is a bit ambiguous. I especially like:
"The pump head is designed apart and fixed to the canister by two big ouches."

I emailed seller for more info. Not much in the description.

EDIT: i was referring to Archer's post.
Thanks for your info as well RLee!

#19 ·
Thanks!

I like the black, but... is this a SunSun? The info is a bit ambiguous. I especially like:
"The pump head is designed apart and fixed to the canister by two big ouches."

I emailed seller for more info. Not much in the description.

EDIT: i was referring to Archer's post.
Thanks for your info as well RLee!
I just got mine today and yes it is a SunSun and it even comes with some minor directions, I got mine 7 days after it shipped. I hope to have it running tonight or first thing in the morning. I havent cleaned my smaller one and its been running for just over a month I think and still no noticeable reduction in flow.

#29 ·
I'm not a pimp yet but I have a question and didn't want to start a new thread.

Can someone tell me what filter media they use in each basket, and wether or not you cut it to fit. I see quite a few people talking about reusable filters; I'm new to the whole canister thing and have only had HOB filters. Can someone please tell me what brand of reusable filter pads they use. I know that you use bio-balls, rings,etc. an filter floss, but what else would I need?

Also what are green pot scrubbies are?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.