The Planted Tank Forum banner

Houston and surrounding cities!!!

8K views 130 replies 22 participants last post by  wesleh 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello All, I see this section is rather small. I would like to attempt to make it a place that gets a lot of traffic.

Texas is a big ass state so get your assess in here and lets to some buying, trading and selling!

I am looking for some beginner Cardinia Species shrimp, I dont want my neo's breeding so let me know what you got!

Also looking to some exotic plants for my tanks, I have 3 that could use some color other than green!!

Let me know what you got!

Jake

#11 ·
Several nice looking tanks in this thread.

Magnum, what size tank is that?

Adam C. usually has some nice looking plants for sale, some with colors other than green. lol

Also, for people in the south Texas area the Hill Country Cichlid Club is having a swap meet April 28th.

http://www.hillcountrycichlidclub.com/events.php
Swap Meet

Date: Sunday, April 28th 2013
Time: 11:00am to 2:00pm
1400 Schertz Parkway
Schertz, TX

#16 ·
Ok so I plan on getting some CRS & CBS, here are my water params. I took a pic of the paper I wrote it on, don't mind the water spots as I dripped a little on the paper.

My GH is high? And my kh is low?

What do I need to do to get them right for the skrimps?

#18 ·
Hey I know you, from another forum lol...

Ok I ordered some IAL but I didnt see from where and they are shipping from malaysia lol.

Im ordering some alder cones from a guy on here, so should have them before the IAL.

Welcome to TPT and the TEXAS section!

#21 ·
Jaygee,

Like you said GH and PH are too high for keeping CRS. I have just started keeping CRS, and have found RO water to be the easiest way to meet their needs. Then all you have to do is add something like Mosura Mineral Plus to add in the minerals the shrimp need and you get perfect PH and GH.

Not saying the alder cones wouldn't work too, just offering another solution.

#23 ·
I purchased my Mosura Mineral Plus right here on TPT from member H4N. He also has some other shrimp/ plant related products and live plants. I beleive there are others on the for sale forum that sale it as well. Also, you can order it online from Alpha Pro Breeders, and even Amazon.com. There are of course other products to add the minerals needed to RO water. You could even check with the person you are getting the shrimp from and see which one they use.

#34 ·
Hey Everyone from the Waco area!!!

Been on the forum since 2004, but I don't check here often as there is usually not much traffic! But I am glad to see that changing! We only have 1 LFS and Petsmart and Pet Co. There is a LFS in Temple too, but neither one of the LFS's sell many plants. So 90% of the plants I have are from the SnS here.

I have some Limno Aromatica (sp?) in my 55g, but I am still fighting Clado algae, so I do not feel confortable offering any!!! I will be glad to offer some once I finally kill off the clado though!

I too am fixing to start a shrimp tank. The LFS in Temple has a few different types of shrimp. However I saw some kind of white worm looking critters in the tak with them, so until I am able to get a clear pic of them and get a ID of the critters I WILL NOT buy any from them!

I LOVE Crypts of all kind and would LOVE some of the white or marbled kinds!

I also would love to try to get to the Hill country show! I will have to see how much the cost of travel will be, since I am Disabled my funds are VERY LIMITED!!!

GREAT to see the Texas forum getting some posters, and I will be sure to check back every time I log on!

Yall take care and God Bless!!!
Drew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.