The Planted Tank Forum banner

'The Fish Gallery' in Austin

6K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  krisvalkyrie 
#1 ·
I think it was somewhere on North Lamar that I saw this building and the "coming soon" sign. I went to the website and they have locations in Dallas and Houston. Anybody been to one to know what kind of stock they have (fish and plants)?

#32 ·
Hi Everyone!

Glad to hear your experiences of our new store. We apologize for the initial delay in opening.

We do try to accommodate special requests if you don't see something you're looking for. You can call the store at 512-381-0158 or email info@thefishgallery.com.

Geisemann AquaFlora bulbs in 24-48" are now in stock!

Bear Sage - were we able to resolve the overcharge?

We are doing a Facebook sale for the next three weeks or so, including discounts on livestock and plants! Head over there to check it out.

#33 ·
I have been there twice and not happy with the store. They sell plants but don't bother labeling them. So you have no idea what you're getting. When I was there Thursday it looked like a lot of the plants were starting to die.
If you're not into cichlids than there is not much else going on in here.....well there is the over abundance of bettas. I'm mean an entire tank for one fish? Why not put it to better use and get some really nice tropical community fish?
Also seems they got rid of the tank of vampire shrimp that was labeled as "wood shrimp". It would also be nice if you just remove the dead fish from the tanks. When you have 3 people in the store just talking to each other, you think at least one could check on that.

#35 ·
The one in Houston has a great selection of fish and plants. Their saltwater section is kind of lacking, but they have more than some LFS down here. Almost all of their prices are inflated. It's much more expensive than the other LFS in the area. Every now and then you'll come by some very nice things for a decent price

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.