The Planted Tank Forum banner

Is there an Austin Aquarium club?

16K views 92 replies 28 participants last post by  BoxxerBoyDrew 
#1 ·
Just wondering if there is a aquarium/fish/planted tank club or organization here in Austin?

There seems to be a fair amount of us here, one could be justifed IMO.

#2 ·
There is the Hill County Cichlid Club (which is pretty active) and the Capital Aquarium Society may be started again.

#11 ·
We could meet at the Aqua-Tek and celebrate with Bruce, Will and Marcus at Senator Hegar's change of heart on the white list :)!

I've been wanting a planted tank club in Austin for years now and you're right, we have the numbers to do it. I would love the extra socializing and the trading. I don't know why we don't.

#14 ·
We do seem to have enough if the Amazonia thread is any indication. I belong to the Austin chapter of a haunters group and they have meet and greets at area restaurants or bars,this could be an idea for this so no one has to open up their house. The Aqua-tek meet is also an idea but I don't know how they would feel about us loitering :)

#16 ·
I just might this weekend. I'm in real good with Will and Marcus. They don't mind it when I loiter and we always have good conversations. I know Will would love it.

#21 ·
Party at Lngtall1's house!

#23 ·
Hey wow! this sounds great!
ukamikazu, I think I saw you up there a couple weeks ago. I gave marc a bunch of red tiger lotus. You were in a deep conversation so I didnt interrupt.

We should definitely all meet up sometime.

Swissian, I have downoi. Would love to trade for some fissedens.

#24 ·
Indeed you did and another week later, I took home one of your lotuses! They are very nice by the way. Good job on those.

#30 ·
Who knows, maybe Frank will come back and open a branch here one day.

#32 ·
Oh yes! Austin was where he was born and raised. He only left, I think 3 years ago now to Houston so he could work with the brothers Senske.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.