The Planted Tank Forum banner

Colombian Tetra/GloFish FS/Rehome

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  blue-sun 
#1 ·
I'm switching my tropical tank over to a cichlid tank, so I need to rehome the 4 Colombian Tetras and lone pink GloFish that's roughly the same size/shape as the Colombians.

Full disclosure, about 2 months ago we purchased some Angel fish at AA in Bolingbrook and a week later our tank got the Ich and it wiped out about 75% of the fish in the tank. I treated with heat/salt initially and that didn't work, so I stepped it up to QuICK Cure and that took care of it.

My Ich thread:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=777122

I'm on the fence about going to the swap meet, but if someone wants them, I'll go.

Tank at AA when I bought them

I'll try and snap some pics tonight of them, the Colombian Tetras are about 6 months old. 1 is definitely more aggressive than the other 3, but I've not seen any nipping of the other fish. The pink GloFish is going on 2 years now, was part of the original 5 gallon GloFish "kit" that my brother in law got my girls for their 3rd b-day, they'll be 5 in a few weeks.

I'd prefer to rehome all 5 at once to the same person.

See less See more
#2 ·
Took some pics on my iPhone yesterday.

Please, no comments about the silk plants, we tried real plants for a while and they kept getting destroyed by a ramshorn snail outbreak that we are still struggling with (though not to the level as before since we got an assassin snail)

1 of the Colombian's was hiding when I was snapping pics, so I only have pics of the 3.

Attachments

#3 ·
I have actually used Colombian tetra's as dither fish for tanks holding large south American cichlids.
They were/are too quick for the cichlids and too large to become easy snacks.
They prolly would not do well in hard alkaline water that African cichlids enjoy but the softer water the south American cichlids enjoy suited them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.