The Planted Tank Forum banner

My Co2 Concoa 312 build + Adding a Verner to Swagelok metering valve.

6K views 50 replies 9 participants last post by  AlanLe 
#1 · (Edited)
Greetings fine gents,

I recently finish my Co2 build and would like to know what you guys think of it. There is also a slide of adding a Verner handle that gives you extra precision. The handle is well worth it and it makes adjusting the Co2 a breeze.

List of parts -
Concoa 312
Swagelok S metering valve 1/8 MNPT ports
Swagelok Verner Handle
SMC Stainless steel DC solenoid valve
SS Swagelok fittings Elbow 1/4 - 1/8 NPT

Find a regulator for a cheap price, always make an offer to the seller. You will be surprise how low they can go.

=======

=======
Fittings, Needle valve and Verner handle

=======
The needle valve

=======

=======
Handle

=======

=======

=======

=======
Solenoid w/ fitting

=======
=======
Big Bro, meet small bro

=======

=======
Putting the handle on

The panel mount nut can be removed or left on

=======
The stationary counter

=======
The rotating cap

The top cover

=======

=======
=======
=======
Done

=======

=======

=======
=======
=======
Flash

=======
No flash

See less See more
#5 ·
Those are some sweet regulators you got there flyinghellfish! How do you find adjusting the working pressure on those regs? I noticed the meters max out at 200psi.
Usually there is a nut on the back of the regulator that can be used to adjust the maximum delivery pressure.

#14 ·
Yeah, but I wanted the option of going back to the metal handle if I felt like it. :bounce:

I want a Red Bull fridge. :icon_cool

I'll buy a case of red bull for it but I can't stand it when it's not full of red bull.

#44 ·
don't worry, those are not my fish, but....

anyway, I have the 0, 2, 3, 4, 5 parker metering valves, only need a 1 and 6 to make it complete set.
see any 1 or 6, let me know.

BTW, even a 6 series HR(with a CV larger than a Fabco needle valve) is better than any other rotating/rising stem metering valve, because the CV values we know for different metering valves, are when the valves at fully open.

Good metering valve for extremely low flow, it is the controllable CV increase/decrease at the flow range we need, an ideal has bigger CV but is slightly better than older version swagelok S series, is good example.

I drill and tap a custom port on the manifold and the 1/8 npt fitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.