The Planted Tank Forum banner

Just a few of my gecko collection

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  lauraleellbp 
#1 ·
A few years ago I started getting into geckos. True to form, my addiction progressed and I currently have somewhere between 150-200; to the point that I converted the garage in my new house to a gecko room LOL

To keep life *slightly* more simple, I've stuck to animals with very similar husbandry (simi-arboreal rainforest geckos) and most of the species I'm keeping are native to New Caledonia.

The vast majority of my critters (over 100) are Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus). I produced probably close to 100 babies last year and still have about 30 eggs incubating. I also have some day geckos (0.1 Phelusma grandis, 2.2 P. standingi, and 1.1.1 Gondatodes albogularis), 1.1 Malaysian Cat Geckos (Aeluroscalabotes felinus), 1.1.1 "Pine Island" New Caledonian Mossy Geckos (Mniarogekko chahoua), 0.1 "white collar" Sarasinorum's Giant Gecko (Correlophus sarasinorum), 1.0 Bauer's Chameleon Gecko (Eurydactyodes agricolae) and a pair of parthenogenic Mourning Geckos (Lepidodactylus lugubris).

Here's pics of a few:

C. sarasinorum

E. agricolae

M. chahoua

Malaysian Cat Gecko- A. felinus

Standingi's Day Geckos- P. standingi

Giant Day Gecko (aka the Geicko Gecko) - P. grandis

Orange-headed Day Geckos- G. albogularis

And last but certainly not least, just a very few of my Crested Geckos- C. correlophus

Halo

Paama

Cara

Leo

See less See more
#2 ·
Lol, just saw this as I finished building my leopard geckos terrarium. It's finally big enough to move off of paper towls! I have significantly less reptiles than you though right now it's just him and my ball python, thought about cresties but ended up getting a reef tank instead, kind of a big leap.

#7 ·
You must get great deals on car insurance.

#11 ·
Absolutely beautiful! I wonder how long feeding and maintenance takes...

Oh, and since you are a gecko pro, do you happen to have any experience with Lepidodactylus lugubris? They reproduce via parthenogenesis, quite neat. I was considering getting them, but would like to hear more about them. Thanks in advance.

#12 ·
Thanks, everyone!

Absolutely beautiful! I wonder how long feeding and maintenance takes...

Oh, and since you are a gecko pro, do you happen to have any experience with Lepidodactylus lugubris? They reproduce via parthenogenesis, quite neat. I was considering getting them, but would like to hear more about them. Thanks in advance.
About 30 min on non-feeding nights, 2-3 hours on feeding nights (every 2-3 days). So yeah, it's a lot of work at the point where you've got this many! lol

And yes, I do have a pair of Mournings. I just picked them up last year as hatchlings, and they'll probably start laying any day now... I keep mine pretty much the same as I do the Cresties; Crested Gecko Diet several times a week and 1/8" crickets about once a week. Super cool but super FAST little boogers! lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.