The Planted Tank Forum banner

Shaman's mountain

12K views 66 replies 44 participants last post by  denske 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,
This tank is an experiment:) I am going to use mineralized topsoil as a substrate - just plain topsoil, without gravel on top.

Hardscape - seiryu stones

Tank size is 16"x12"x10" (40x30x25cm)

I will plant it with in vitro HC - it's gonna be dry start method

For lightnig i will use this LED http://dx.com/p/30w-2400lm-led-emitter-metal-plate-white-16v-18v-39959

Now waiting LED to arrive, and then i am going to plant it - this lihgt i currently have is too weak:redface:

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks for the comments!

cool hardscape! Is the idea to let the plants grow in enough prior to flooding that the plants contain the soil?
Yes, when the plants fill in entire ground, then i'm gonna fill the water.

yeah nice hardscape, but like itr was said before the big rock pointing up in the front kind of throws off the perspective of your gorgeous montain. maybe if you replaced it with a much smaller jagged rock it would look better? just my opinion, yanno? you could have a small rock as an accent and complimenting the big mountain. that is some nice piece of rock you have there in the back.
Yes, the left rock is little too big, unfortunately i dont have adequate smaller one:( The idea was to create better depth perspective with that stone. Without it, it looks somehow empty:icon_roll

#6 ·
yeah nice hardscape, but like itr was said before the big rock pointing up in the front kind of throws off the perspective of your gorgeous montain. maybe if you replaced it with a much smaller jagged rock it would look better? just my opinion, yanno? you could have a small rock as an accent and complimenting the big mountain. that is some nice piece of rock you have there in the back.

#7 ·
As long as you let it dry start for a couple weeks at least, you shouldn't have issues with the soil. I do dirty tanks without caps all the time (usually for picos). Even when I don't dry start them, as long as you do regular water changes until they are clear, they'll stay clear. Looking good so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.