The Planted Tank Forum banner

Quick Questions

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ferretowner96 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok. I have decided I am setting up a nano. That is about how far I have gotten. I am expecting a decent check in the mail, and am planning on buying a 2.5 gallon aquarium from walmart or somethin. Well, I have decided on the tank, gotten my DIY Co2 container finished, and that is it. Well, I have decided on getting some Eco Complete and a heater and a filter. What else do I need? Also, what are the steps for setting up a planted tank. I am a complete newbie in having a planted tank.
Thanks,
Rick

#4 ·
work backwards

I understand getting the tank the right size for your space, but you might try working backwards from what you want your finished product to be.

What plants do you want to use? Are you going to use any hardscape?

Knowing the plants and what you want them to look like will tell you a lot about what you will need to make that happen.

Welcome to the forums! Post some pics so we can see your tank.

#5 ·
Hi.
Well you'll need ferts, flourish ferts are great although there are others. I second Ugly Genius on the lights. Other than that I don't think you'll need much. You may want to get aquascaping tools (scisors, tweezers) and a nice CO2 diffuser but that's not mandatory. You should also look into the hardscape options available to you (driftwood, stones...) and of course plants and animals.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Well, I have decided to not do a nano. I have decided to do a 30 gallon planted tank.I figured out how much money a nano would cost me, and deided that I should just go bigger.

Nano- $70
Heater
filter
tank
eco complete
light
thermometer
Flourish Excel

30 gallon-70
filter
eco complete
Flourish Excel

and I already have a tank, stand, light and a heater,and a thermometer, and I could use the filter on my 55 gallon also, so I decided bigger is better for me.

Thanks for all your help,
Rick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.