The Planted Tank Forum banner

How to plant one Ludwigia stem ?

787 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  fahim6801 
#1 · (Edited)
I received this stem and am trying to root it in Eco-complete & Flourite blend capped with small river pebbles. The portion of the stem that had roots was too brittle and broke at that node.

Now how can I root this ?

Can I floa it until fresh roots bring to grow from one of the other healthier nodes ?

Thanks in advance !

#2 ·
Just cut the stem in half and plant both in your substrate .... you will get new growth on the bare stem also.

#4 ·
make a hole in the substrate with your finger and place the stem inside whilst covering the hole back up. If its deep enough it should stay put.

#8 ·
yep. use a finger, jam it down to the bottom glass, other hand has the stem in tweezers, stick it in that hole while you're getting the digging finger out, then the digging finger holds the stem there while you retract the tweezers. then ditch the tweezers in the tweezer hand, and use that hand instead to build up a little mound around the stem. done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.