The Planted Tank Forum banner

My 50 gallon Tank (updated 7/25/06)

10K views 29 replies 13 participants last post by  ianiwane 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think. Tank is a 50 gallon 36x15x20. Lighting is coralife 2x96, with pressurized CO2.

updated 10/26/05

Left side

Center

Comments anyone?

See less See more
#11 ·
Georgiadawgger said:
Great lookin' jungle you got there now! That discus looks like a monster the way it has its fins tucked and is cruising around! Looks like a hi-fin?

What's the water requirements of the Hemigraphis? That is a really nice plant!!
I got some from Ian at our last club meet. He has very soft San Francisco water whereas mine is liquid rock. We both dose EI and use pressurized CO2. So if I can get it to grow (so far, so good :thumbsup: ) then it'd be safe to say that it can grow in just about any water type. :)

#14 ·
thanks everyone. It is a hi-fin discus. I also have one more in there its a hi-fin red leopard. That one is really shy though. I'm away for two weeks so it may be interesting in how things turn out. I'll post some pictures when I get back in two weeks.

Ian

my bad posting under my friends acount in hawaii.

#15 ·
Hawaii!!!! I was there for a few weeks a few summers back. How is it there during the winter? My mom wants to head there herself.

Anyways, I like the dimensions of your tank a lot better than my own. Mine is 48"x12"x21". Even worse than a 55 gallon. :icon_redf

The discus looks really nice. I never seen that variation before today. I was wondering what was involved in keeping just one in your tank?

Your macranda looks very healthy. It is enjoying itself under your high lighting. I am a fan of the plant myself.

#21 ·
WOW, I'm surprised that the fish even have room to move... look at the picture, there's almost no light getting through the stem plants :eek5: very nice tank though, I am a fan:) btw, I live in hawaii too, actually I'm going to the HAS meeting in about an hour

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.