The Planted Tank Forum banner

Drema's 90 Gallon Gourami Garden

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Drema 
#1 · (Edited)
Upgraded to a 90 gallon from a 46bow and 20L. :)

48x18x24
odyssea 48" 4 x 6500k lights. Back two lights 7-2, front two lights 12-7. 12" above aquarium. (for now)

Dose a cap full of flourish comp and flourish trace every week or so..

Eheim 2117
Fluval 306 and 206
Fluval aquaclear 110

90 gallon

Stock List
Opaline Gourami - 1
Pearl Gourami- 3m 2f
Weather loach - 4
Bristlenose Pleco- 1 black M LF, 1 albino F SF (breeding)
clown pleco- 2
Betta- 3 F
Panda Garra- 7
Ottos- 7+
Kuhli loaches- 6 brown
Zebra Danio- 3
bumblebee cat- 2

..and 100's of mts.

Amazon sword
ludwiga repens
brazilian pennywort
java fern
trudent fern
anubius congensis, nana"petite"
crypt wendtii "green", "bronze"
crypt parva
crypt pontederiifolia
Dwarf Hair Grass
Water Wisteria
dwarf sage
junge val
glosso
Alternanthera reineckii roseafolia
microsword
java moss
peacock moss
hygrophilia compakta stricta
hygrophylia augustofolia

Parameters
ph- 6.4
ammonia- .25 ppm
nitrite- 0 ppm?
nitrate- 3.0 ppm
kh- 20 ppm
gh- 20 ppm (adding agramilk to boost buffering)

See less See more
#7 ·
added a little here , took away a little there. Still trying to find a happy place between my fishes' comfort and my own aesthetic preferences.

added some more wood to the right back so that my little bottom dwellers could hide better. :) ( the show boater in front, not included)

MTS.. much? Added more plants to my Betta tank as well as some more plants hanging out of the top.

and a close up of my blue devil.

#8 ·
I broke down my 20 and 46 after having them up for a year and a half. I combined my fuana and flora into a 90 gallon. The dimensions are 48x18x24. I went to look at a 120 gallon, but for 200.00 I couldn't pass up the 90 gallon!

When I broke down the 46 gallon, I found a whole cave of Long-finned, BN pleco babies! Half are albino and half are black. :) I've put them in a DIY breeder box in teh 90 gallon. So here is to them surviving my curious fish , and hopefully I can give them away when they get a good bit bigger!

#12 ·
FREAKIN AWESOME!!!

Man you are sure doing something right!!! Tank looks good too!!! I wouldn't mind taking a few of the BN off of your hands when they are ready!!! For that matter the cribs too!!! Really like both types of fish A LOT, but they are hard to find here!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
DREW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.