The Planted Tank Forum banner

ADA 55 gal aquascape (new pics)

13K views 82 replies 38 participants last post by  Dantrasy 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay so here goes
I am going to build a 4ft aquarium based on the ADA 120P setup. I got the wood (18mm supawood) and damn this wood is heavy.
In the past few weeks I have been collecting supplies to build the beauty its gonna be. Today I bought a 4x54w T5 Pendant, midday Giesemann and aqua-pink giesemann tubes.

Got the wood

Where the build is now on day one

See less See more
#27 ·
okay so it was rescaped time. good thing to do when waiting for 2012 to end and 2013 to start. took me 2 days but i finally did it.
I added ADA substrate additives and powersand and some new aquasoil. so now i am sitting with 60L of substrate.
The rocks are 20KG of ryouh stone. And i just love the detail on those rocks.

So pics

Substrate additives

Power sand and substrate additives

Rock placement

Planted

#29 ·
Hi DogFish, I am really gonna have a fun time trimming this scape to awesomeness!!

And it looks like i leak tested it inside but it was on the back stoep, so if it would have leaked all the water would have gone straight to the grass outside.

but thanks for the comments.

#39 ·
Thanks for the comments guys!!

@Green Flash - Yes built the tank myself and i did went for the ATI 6x54w unit. But staggering the lights. only running all 6 tubes for 2 hours a day.

@Redtail - Yes my neons and cardinals school together but weirdly enough only when i take photos. The rest of the time they everywhere in the tank.

#40 ·
FREAKIN AWESOME BUILD!!!

You did a great job on the stand, and the attention to detail is perfect! I can't believe that is a DIY tank!!! FREAKIN AWESOME!!! How much was the glass after polishing and beveling the edges? Did you save much money DIY'n it over buying a prefab tank?

You have done some AWESOME SCAPES TOO!!!! You truly have a eye for Aquascaping!!!

What kind of water temp are you running? Just wondering because your fish look great even though the cards and neons like different water temps.

How did you like the in the tank thermometer? Was it very accurate?

Thanks for the info, and KEEP UP THE AWESOME WORK!!!!!!!!
Drew

p.s. subscribed!

#41 ·
@BoxxerBoyDrew - Thanks man. I saved more than half the price i would have paid for a tank like this to be built. I am running at 26-28 deg Celcius, but with the summer now i leave my inline heater off as the room temp is like a heater. The in tank thermometer is not on the dot accurate but it is very good at giving me an indication.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.