The Planted Tank Forum banner

Need help on 20l lighting!!!

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  daygoboiz 
#1 · (Edited)
So i come a cross many option and found this one light on ebay for a great price and wondering if i can get any help on this
I have a 20g long 30x12x12 and planning to do a heavy planted tank with medium light is this one any good? Any help would be great!!!
Sunsun t8 36w (dual light)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320633046547?redirect=mobile

#2 ·
So i come a cross many option and found this one light on ebay for a great price and wondering if i can get any help on this
I have a 20g long 30x12x12 and planning to do a heavy planted tank with medium light is this one any good? Any help would be great!!!
Sunsun t8 36w (dual light)
[Ebay Link Removed]

Looks good. That light should give you medium light anywhere from on top of the tank to 4 inches above the top of the tank.

#5 ·
Yes i have a diy co2 with internal filter as a diffuser with substrate and i also have fertilizer. And would this light be better incase if i want to up it to high lighting as an option.
[Ebay Link Removed]

#7 ·
The T5HO is a very bright light for a tank as short as a 20L. You would need to raise the light 12 inches off the top of the tank to get to acceptable light levels. Otherwise you will fighting alot of algae.

You could get the dual t8, and then if you ever want to upgrade to higher light get a separate single T8 at that time.

A single T5HO might be suitable as well for higher light options.
This chart might help...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.