The Planted Tank Forum banner

free sae

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ichy 
#1 ·
true sae, he is just getting too big too fast for my 20L
you come get him he's yours for free

#4 ·
Still have the fish? I might be able to take it...I[m in St. Cloud, where are you?

How big is he? And what sort of tankmates is he harrassing? He's in a 20 gallon? I have a 55, 58 and 75 gallon tank with a little more room for some fish, and they could use something to munch on some hair algae. You have a "true Siamese Algae Eater"?

My tanks have mostly small to medium sized tetras and cichlids. Would and SAE be ok with those kinds of fish? Rummynose tetras, emperor tetras, Angelfish, German Blue Rams, Kibensis, corydoras, loaches, and small to medium sized livebearers...any potential problems with keeping an SAE with any of these types of fish?

#5 ·
Might have a new home for home locally. But if that falls through you are next in the list! I go through St. Cloud about every other weekend.

He is about 2-2.5 inches long. He is housed with a bunch of celestial danios, bumble gobies and another SAE.
I tend to feed in the same spot so once I dump the food in he sets up shop and chases all the other fish away.
I would think he would be fine with your list of fish and a bigger tank. He is a very hard worker when he isn't being a punk!

PM with more questions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.