The Planted Tank Forum banner

Cerges' Reactor vs needle wheel pump

3K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Kamilstrom 
#1 ·
Cerges' Reactor vs needle wheel pump, my new tank is going to be 265g, with 75g sump.

I am trying to decide if I should built a Cerges' Reactor or use needle wheel pump in the sump.

Any suggestions as to why I should one over the other? Will I still have a lot of micro bubbles using the needle wheel?

Thanks

#2 ·
I have both in my tank. I run the co2 into a needle wheel pump and that feeds into a cerges reactor or bubble collector as I like to call it and the return from the reactor goes back into sump by the inlet of my main return pump. If you just run a needle wheel pump you will get millions of micro bubbles in your tank and I didn't care for the seltzer water look so went this route.

#7 ·
Hi,
do you have enough flow with Mag drive 7(NW)?I have two Cerges (12inch long) on outlet of 2 Eheim 2075 on 110G and they weaken my flow,therefore i gonna put both Cerges on inline loop with Mag 7 Drive with fractioning impeller both with venturi,so will be pump then one Cerges(catch most CO2 mist)then sec.Cerges(catch the rest) and return back to tank,but i don't know if the Mag 7 will be enough?
Thank's.

#8 ·
I have just the right amount of flow running the Mag 7 with my reactor but don't know how it would work running 2 reactors. I don't think it would make that much difference running another reactor but don't know how your whole setup is. I control the outlet of my reactor with a ball valve and after some adjustment I was able to get the flow from my pump to work with the amount of co2 I was injecting. I was getting some micro bubbles in my tank until I got the flow adjusted to the amount of co2 I was injecting. If your still getting micro bubbles in your tank then another reactor(or bubble collector) would not hurt anything. You could also get the same results just having a loop of tubing to help with the dwell time. Does your reactor outlet go directly back into your tank or do you have it feeding into a sump then being picked up by another pump? If you want more flow I would go with the Mag drive 9.5 to make sure you have enough flow.

#10 ·
I think those would work just fine. What pump are you going to run through this reactor?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.