The Planted Tank Forum banner

Java Moss Wall

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Aquaticus 
#1 ·
So.... I found directions online to make a Java Moss wall using Java Moss, plastic mesh and suction cups. It gave no information on time frame for the moss to start growing through the mesh.... I've had it done and in the tank for almost a week now and I haven't noticed it growing yet... :( It's on the back wall of our 30 gallon tank.. we're running a Marineland 300 filter, quad T5HO lighting and our water is testing out great. I'm dosing the tank with liquid CO2 and a quality plant fertilizer. Am I just being impatient or have I done something wrong????? I've attached a photo of our new tank set up... please be kind, I know it doesn't look like much but this is my first go at a live planted tank!

See less See more
#11 ·
i just did a 1/2 rock 1/2 java moss wall... i roughed up the plastic mesh with sand paper and 'sewed' the moss onto it...

IMG_0835 by laq997, on Flickr

is there a reason you didn't do this *she says worrying that her wall will fail*

#12 ·
I've been wanting to do this on my back wall as well. From what I've seen on directions, the best technique is to spread the moss around the in small patches across the entire mesh. It seems to grow a little better and you should see faster results.

Looks like you'll have to get some more or do what Steven_P says or incubate it in a dedicated container.

What kind of mesh did you use? I've been looking at http://www.papermart.com/Product Pages/Product.aspx?GroupID=36704&ParentGroupID=19024

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.