The Planted Tank Forum banner

My Wabi Kusa

3K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  orchidman 
#1 ·
here are my Wabi Kusa. i made them about a week ago, so they are still adjusting and therefore are not looking their best.

i have three

Eleocharis acicularis
Ludwigia palustris 'Red'
Persicaria 'Sao Paolo'
Glossostigma elatinioides

DSC_0015 (2).jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr

DSC_0013 (2).jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr

Eleocharis acicularis
Bacopa lanigera
mystery plant (left hand side, red stem, green leaves)
Pogostemon erectus
Glossostigma elatiniodes

DSC_0012.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr

DSC_0011.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr

Glossostigma elatiniodes
Bacopa monnieri
Rotala rotundifolia 'Colorata'

DSC_0008.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr

DSC_0005.jpg by orchidman10, on Flickr

See less See more
#3 ·
alot better! there was a stage that i totally neglected them and all the plants died, except for the bacopa monnieri. so i put that one in an emersed tank i have and i replanted the other two. one has all DHG 'Belem' and the other has bacopa monnieri and lots glosso.

here is the bacopa monnieri one

DSC_0064.jpg by orchidman-10, on Flickr

#7 ·
yeah! i secure it with monofilament fishing line. 5A new zealand sphagnum moss is the highest quality moss you can get, I have it for my orchids, the 5A has very long fibers, sometimes 8" long. the extra length really makes it easy to wrap the WK balls. but 3A NZ sphag would be fine im sure!

#9 ·
if its NZ sphag for carnivorous plants, i think it would be alright. as far as i know, NZ sphag only really comes in 3 and 5A. i ordered mine online at calwest tropical supply. give it a try with what youve got! and if your feeling like it, you could add a root tab to the middle of the ball, i didnt because i dont have any, but it wouldnt hurt!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.