The Planted Tank Forum banner

Can't decide which light, led or t5

997 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  GrantUresh 
#1 ·
I have a 75 gallon want to go low tech no co2, but I can't decide which lights to use I have both a current satellite plus and solarmax he which fixture would you use?

#2 ·
The solarmax is a dual T5HO fixture. You have a 75 but have not posted the height which is important to consider. Assume 18-20" and your dual T5HO will provide a par value somewhere in the upper part of the medium light or even high light. You say low tech and non CO2 which usually means low light. High light in a non CO2 low tech tank usually means algae.

Before I upgraded to LEDs I had a Current dual T5HO on my 50 with 19" height. Could not get plants to grow. Bought a Par sensor and found that I had top of the high scale par with both lamps and top of medium scale with one bulb. Converted the fixture to T5NO with a new ballast and got upper low light range.

#5 ·
Guess it would be easy enough to find out but are you saying that I can remove one bulb from my T5 fixture and it will still work ?
You likely know you can't do that on a T8 fixture/w two bulbs is why I'm asking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.