The Planted Tank Forum banner

Some fishy shots

2K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  redsea 
#1 ·
1. eye of the catfish.

2. Newly free swimming ABP.

3. One of our long finned golden danios.

4. A bit of beta.

5. Froggy.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank you holoublahee :)

Shot number three was shot with a Canon 5DMKII the rest were shot with a Canon 50D. The high mag macro shots were with the MP-E65, the rest were shot with a Sigma f/2.8 150mm macro. A flash was used in all shots, high mag was the MT24, the others were shot with the MT24 or the 580EXII.

#3 ·
Very nice macros! That baby pleco one was cool as hell. He's still kinda see through. That danio looks damn nice as well. The contrast and vibrance in the betta shot looks amazing. The specks in the water kept throwing my eyes off though.

#8 ·
It is a love/hate relationship :hihi: the tech in it is very old. The new cameras out strip its ability (post pros helps a lot) I really wish that Sigma would make a lens like it using the tech in the f/1.4 50mm. I have one of those and it is an awesome lens.

The 65 has a very steep learning curve. I handhold 95% of the shots I take with it. Even the beat of your heart throws the shot off at mag greater than 3:1 so you learn to trigger between heart beats. It took a solid month of using it everyday (200-400 shots) before I started to get passable shots. That was three years ago.

But it is the only game in town for quality hi mag in the field, a bellows rig just does not cut it for slogging through the swamp :hihi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.