The Planted Tank Forum banner

Hardscape thoughts?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  forelle 
#1 ·
Just setting up a new tank, a 60P and came up with this given the rocks I have available. Thoughts?

See less See more
#4 ·
Yeah I hear ya lol.. thing is i dont have access to anything bigger. I'd have preferred Manten, Ohko or Seiryu stones too. We'll see if I can find anything this weekend. Otherwise, I think this could work if I raised the stones a little more.

Bump:
Thats a lot of soil in there. Since the stones are a little small, maybe consider perching them up more and let the substrate fall away from it? Or... you need some bigger stones to anchor it.
Yeah lol.. i decided to sweep some of the soil from the front to the back and it looks better. Perching them definitely makes sense.. lets see what I can do. I know Amano uses foam blocks. Maybe I can emulate that.

#7 ·
I actually like the look and color of the rock, it will look great in contrast with the green from plants, only thing though is try to create more depth in the tank by creating a mound with the substrate where the rocks are. Also try to see how it looks with less substrate in the front of the tank and more in the back to also create a hill effect

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.