The Planted Tank Forum banner

Help! Plants arriving but I broke my tank

740 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Raith 
#1 ·
So I ordered some plants for my first high tech setup. They are arriving tomorrow so I decided to clean out my tank tonight and set up the substrate in preparation. Of course I cracked the tank while cleaning it. I have ordered a new one but it will be 1-2 weeks before it arrives. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to best store the plants so that they don't die or turn to mush? Could I store them in some mason jars in a window? Or maybe put a light over the jars? The plants in question are as follows: Sagittaria subulata, Hemianthus callitrichoides ''Cuba,'' Fissidens, Bylxa Japonica, Pogostemon helferi Downoi, staurogyne Purple, Staurogyne Repens. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

#3 ·
Thanks for your response. My tank was a fluval edge. That's the complicating factor as I had to order that specific glass replacement. It's for my office so I don't think I could get away with a ten gallon open topped tank in there without running afoul of facilities. So the mason jar idea isn't feasible? I can dose with excel or fertilize too if that would do anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.