The Planted Tank Forum banner

C02 in a bottle

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Cecil 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Excel and equivalent products work, but not as effectively as CO2. They also have side effects. For one thing, those are not good to take big risks with. They are potent chemicals that when misused can give you health issues. They are also incompatible with some plants. But, they do have the added benefit of being slightly effective, at normal dosages, in killing some algae.

I use Excel off and on, and have switched from DIY CO2 to Excel for my low light 65 gallon tank a week ago. This was done because I had excessive leaks in my DIY apparatus, which I couldn't easily find or fix.

#5 ·
Excel and equivalent products work, but not as effectively as CO2. They also have side effects. For one thing, those are not good to take big risks with. They are potent chemicals that when misused can give you health issues. They are also incompatible with some plants. But, they do have the added benefit of being slightly effective, at normal dosages, in killing some algae.

I use Excel off and on, and have switched from DIY CO2 to Excel for my low light 65 gallon tank a week ago. This was done because I had excessive leaks in my DIY apparatus, which I couldn't easily find or fix.
Read they can kill Vals?

#6 ·
Seen this bottle of C02 at Petsmart, and was wondering if anyone used it instead the homemade or pressurized method. The name of the product is "API C02 Plant Booster". http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11785682
Clerk said it would replace the use of other C02 methods.

I use CO2 now but interested in these type products for a shrimp tank as rather not use C02 .

If you try it could you let us know how you like it?

Thanks

#9 ·
After reading the comments I think I would prefer to use the DIY CO2. This is my first plant tank so I better stick with what has a track record for working. Besides I love making things for myself. Thanks for all the info from everyone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.