The Planted Tank Forum banner

Benji's ADA 60P V2 : Ascension : Unorthodox Mountain Iwagumi

12K views 60 replies 17 participants last post by  talontsiawd 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!

This is the Second thread on this tank, the first being here:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=416786
It will be rock heavy, and will utilize small plants.

Specs:

Tank: ADA 60P
Light: Marineland Reef Capable LEDs
Substrate: ADA Additives, Aqua Soil, Lava rock
Hardscape: 50 lbs. of Seiryu Stone, maybe sand and pebbles
CO2: Paintball CO2
Filter: TBA
Plants:TBA

#14 ·
:D

The preview looked very cool. Will be interesting to see your take on it.

It's either that or an Iwagumi :)

I would just to make it look cleaner. the end result will speak for itself :)

Yeah, I just don't want them to break.

:O oh noes!

That's hilarious but look at Mom in action! Saving the day. Hah.

Yup! Haha

I would if it were me, I really wish I considered SS when I bought pipes.

Just out of curiosity, why did you mount your CO2 setup outside the tank? I think if you are going for clean, it would look better in the cabinet.

It wouldn't fit :/ and I'm going more for practical meets award-winning, less than sleek. My mom said no more tanks until at least some kind of award or top placement or something in a contest.

#24 ·
Thanks!

Looks good. Just make sure it is tall enough where the highest rock is around 2/3 as tall of the tank. Around 9 in tall with substrate. I think my biggest complaint with 60P's when done Iwagumi is they are often really short. I wouldn't say the 60P is tall, per say, but it's not short. It looks like that will not be problem, it seems you have a lot of height, just making the suggestion. I like the design.

Yeah, I agree. Mine is about 11" tall.

+1

What you've put together right there looks real good.

Thanks!

#22 ·
Looks good. Just make sure it is tall enough where the highest rock is around 2/3 as tall of the tank. Around 9 in tall with substrate. I think my biggest complaint with 60P's when done Iwagumi is they are often really short. I wouldn't say the 60P is tall, per say, but it's not short. It looks like that will not be problem, it seems you have a lot of height, just making the suggestion. I like the design.

#26 ·
OK, I really like this. I am wondering if there is a way to lower the rock on the right side. Maybe it should be the one of the left, I don't know. It's not the fact they are almost the same height, though that's part of it. It's that one is really "beefy" and the other is skinny/pointy. Also, the texture in the rock goes in a different direction. It may be easier to move the bigger rock but I would do the smaller. It may be as simple as tilting it a direction of just lowering it down.

That said, I would be perfectly happy if that was my tank. Great job.

#28 ·
Is that one of those "ebay" rock packages? I've been meaning to order one. Either way they look good.

I'd try to make the largest rock my "main" stone.
In your pic it appears to be this one:

Seems others have the same issue I do. My eye is just gravitating toward that one..

#33 ·
Thanks! That means a lot! But I am nowhere near a prodigy, just a thirteen-year-old boy who likes Nature Aquariums.

Saw the earthquake this morning on the news. Passed the test, always a concern in Cali. Looking really good man.

Maybe I missed it but what's your plan for foreground?

Yeah, it really freaked me and my brothers. I was just getting up, and then it hit so I was really spooked. The only damages to my tanks was the legs on my light broke off.

I plan on doing a Belem, DHG, and Giant Hairgrass combo or a MU Monte Carlo, HM, Downoi, and Ammania Bonsai combo. Foreground, mid ground, background.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.