The Planted Tank Forum banner

yigitoglu tank

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  Kathyy 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I am a newcomer and this is my first planted tank adventure.

I hope I will be successful. Wish me luck.

This is the first pictures right after first setup.

And this is soil I use

This is Latest picture of after 12 hours:

I am planing to change cap of my tank for better lighting and I will start building something in few days.

See less See more
#5 ·
thank you very much.

I am at the stage of choosing a type of fish for it.
I guess i will be going for a small type fish which swim together...
And if i can be successful with the dwarf hairgrass i am considering about 2 or 3 types of plants too...

I saw a plant here in the market but i dont know its name so i do a search on the site and i found similar plants but im not sure... I think theres some more research to do waiting for me :)

#9 ·
Alright. I dont want to open new topic and get the forum 'dirty' so i will ask away from here...
i was spending some time searching and reading on the forum (in working hours while my boss is out :p) and i just realized that my water temperature might be high. Like theres no way to get it under 30 Celcius.
And when weather is hot outside and if i am not home to turn air conditioner on temperature of water pushes up to 40C at noon time.

any comments from experienced planters about this matter?

#13 ·
Looks amazing! I might suggest having something more on the left side of the tank. It looks a little empty compared to the rest. Also you should look into having a couple of bigger fish in there to fill the water up some more. I suggest cichlids.

#15 ·
thanx for the comments guy.
left side of the tank i am still trying to grow some stuff.... i as u can see my grass looks healthier but also seems like to me that i lost some of them...
i will definitely add some more fish cuz i have more snails than fish in my tank at the moment LOL

#16 ·
I'm digging the placement of that java fern. It's grooving real well with me.
Perhaps some sort of twisty branchy driftwood on the right side.
I really like the sparseness of the left side. But I think you should build up the right side in height and drama. I also feel like pennywort would look real good tangled up in the (potential) driftwood and java fern.

#17 ·
Something like manzanita...
I also kinda feel like the plant in back on the right is distracting. I would nix it in favor of smaller plants. Something thats taller than the hairgrass but not by much.
Perhaps place some large rocks in the back right corner and plant tons of anubias petite and nana. I would also probably throw some bolbitis on the right side too...
Kinda like a jungle on the edge of the savanna.
Of course thats what I would do.. You seem to have a goal in mind so go with whatever man. Either way I'm excited to see where you take it.
I was a little wary of it until that java fern came in lol!

#18 ·
I cannot see the base of that amazing java fern, assume the rhizomes aren't buried in your nice rich soil because the soil is only on the left side of the tank, right? As far as I know aquatic ferns, such as the java and Bolbitis [African water fern] you have need to have rhizomes out of soil or they will rot. Agree about the wood. A twisty bit with that Bolbitis rhizome I see in the hairgrass area grown out would be very nice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.