The Planted Tank Forum banner

33 gallons from A to Z

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Vin 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

Since I did a journal for my 10 g riparium I thought I would start this journal on my 33g. I'm gonna post all the pictures from my humble beginnings up to now without too much details.

2009:

between 2009- 2011:

2 years dry, skip to 2013:

See less See more
#4 ·
Really? I figure my plants don't grow very well :) Its the darkness of the picture it hides all the defects.

This is for the current set up only:
Lighting: Got a 30 inch Coralife ramp with two 18 Watts T5 bulbs.
Ferts: I dose PPS-Pro daily 1.5 X the recommended dose. Got some root tabs in the crypts also. Been dosing recommended dose of Excel daily since I took out the rotting valisneria (1 month I guess ?)
Substrate: Flourite black.

I do a 25% water change even though I probly don't have to.

#12 ·
Hi everyone !

PHOTO UPDATE:

First trim since this tank got some a new Current + Pro SAtelite !

Up to now the effects of the new ramp are the following:

CRAZY frogbit growth like triples in mass and each individuals are getting bigger. I gave a big freezer ziplock bag full of it. The roots are also getting way longer.

Polysperma running wild.

THe new leaves on the sword plant seem to be bigger, longer and greener.

Got this cool new moss on my driftwood it looks just like green grass...its green hair algae... but its looking real good :) I seriously thought I would have a way bigger algae bloom with my change of lights. Guess not !!! yay.

Crypts are just chilling, bring crypts.

I really have a brown dust problem. I'm wondering if maybe its a lack of flow or filtration or something. To be continued....

Overall very happy with this new LED ramp :) And the best par is.. NO MORE BROKEN TUBES THAT I DON'T NOTICE FOR A WEEK! Wooooohohoooooooo..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.