The Planted Tank Forum banner

125g mud tank back from the dead (now returning to the grave)

304K views 3K replies 133 participants last post by  BettaBettas 
#1 · (Edited)
setting up my 125 gallon as a soil tank.

#9 ·
I really like those 2 pieces on the left side. But don't care much for the one on the right. Good start though :)
i like the two on the left also. the only reason i have the one on the right is because its covering up the white pvc in/outputs for my water pump. its the only one i have thats tall enough. if i take that one out them i left with 2. i dont like even #'s.

suggestions?

#15 ·
Miracle grow organic choice potting mix... this stuff is weird. i usually just use top soil.

pool flter sand. its so freakin white. hope it tones down a bit.

this sword is over 2 ft tall and spreads out 2 feet wide. i was debating whether i wanted to use it just because its so huge. i trimmed off a couple dozen leaves. i wanted to pitch it but felt bad because its the first plant i ever bought (i have 2 this large) a couple years ago. its been sitting ina dark cold bucket for a couple days.

this tank previously housed discus, they are currently in a holding tank. due to a stupid mistake i lost my largest one i've had for years. contempleting trying to trade them in for store credit. i have an 18 month old child and they are just too much work right now.

#25 ·
It just happened with my Bronze Wendtii, took off all but 5 leaves and now I have over thirty in like two weeks, just dosing excel and 18 watts of light (7.5g). Not sure if all crypts are as quick to bounce back though...
at first it was just the bronze wendtii's, but now its the green wendtii's & undulata's.

#36 ·
:proud: Really nice tank!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.