The Planted Tank Forum banner

2011 Akron Auction

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  Rhodophyta 
#1 ·
The auction this year will be November 6th this year at Tallmadge community center,

#5 ·
all used stuff? like fluval filters?

river rock?

driftwood?

clown loaches?

discus?

i got out of the hobby when the last place i moved to had no active aquaria shops near by...

it seems now that i've moved to kent, things have changed?

any place to go to visit where i can show my daughter some dutch or amano styled planted aquaria?

#6 ·
Occasionally there is new stuff but the majority is used but in working condition.

There is no way to know what will be at the auction but it is definitely an all day affair and well worth the effort.

I bought an Eheim filter, aquariums, plants, books, cichlids, live food, light fixtures, driftwood, sponge filters and power filters last year.

#7 ·
I bought an Eheim filter, aquariums, plants, books, cichlids, live food, light fixtures, driftwood, sponge filters and power filters last year.
uh oh, i went through some major withdrawl and heart-crushing giveaways when i moved to wisconsin 6 years ago...I feel like an addict that was stranded on an island for 6 years then brought back to civilization ...*hand trembles* must resist...

#14 ·
The auction was great!!! We got there at 11AM and got home at 10PM.

Lots of plants, used tanks & strip lights, great fish. The turn out was a little light because of the nice weather so it was a long day but always well worth the trip.

#15 ·
There's a cichlid auction, and a reef tank frag swap, but a bit of a dry spell until the next big general auction in this area. Motor City Dec. 10 and that's it for a while. I bought some new plants, not nearly as many as I sold, and most of them went cheap,cheap, cheap. And I bought five almost breeder size red koi angels, cheap, cheap. cheap, so it usually balances out. About five gallons of small grain tan and brown gravel, and whatever else made my total bill add up to about $80.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.