The Planted Tank Forum banner

125G Tomb Raider Petrified Wood Anubias Garden- evolution pics p.1! New vid 8/19/15

66K views 317 replies 150 participants last post by  bk. 
#1 · (Edited)
New time lapse video at the end of 1st post at new thread home here-

http://scapeclub.org/forum/showthread.php?6270-Papas-125g-Ancient-Ruins-Petrified-Wood

Thanks to all for the support. Thread deleted- moved to a new home.

After an altercation with the head moderator, I have removed my content. He locked the thread and informed me my contribution was his property and it was against site policy for me to delete my content. Thats 100% unacceptable. Sadly the altercation was a misunderstanding but his instant "lock the thread" response after all my contribution to this site was just too far.

I control my content, not this place.

After 45,000 hits and 5 years, Im done here. Thanks to all for the support!

NEW THREAD LOCATION!!!! At top of post!

#227 ·
Damn awesome tank, love the old photos in the first post (especially when it was anubias heavy.. huge fan of that plant) very cool scape!

#228 ·
Nice job!

The headdress on the statue cracks me up. :D

Just curious- with all that petrified wood in there, have you monitored your kH/gH/TDS over time? A friend of mine who used to be active on here did a scape once with petrified wood and had a hard time keeping those from building up even with 50% weekly water changes, so ended up re-doing the scape.

#229 ·
If they still have the wood, they can dip/coat it in a few layers of clear polyurethane (let dry between each coat) Let sit a 3 weeks + after last coating to fully cure then do a water test (bucket of water + petrified wood).
I am at the water test stage right now for some 'shrimp rock' my husband polyurethane, it since my gh is already high and the rocks sent it off the charts (hoping it works).
If they missed a spot with coating, (test shows raised gh) let dry, recoat and cure, then try again.

#232 ·
I always catch this topic weeks after it's been bumped and I feel bad for putting it at the top when there's no update but I just have to say, this is perhaps my all time favorite tank. It's not quite as technically impressive or stunning as the good Amano type tanks but it has soooo much depth and intricacy, I always see something new to admire in it. Crucially, the way you've designed it to grow and change over time rather than forcing the plants to conform to your initial idea is absolutely stunning. The Amano tanks look great in pictures and displays but I'd prefer this tank in my home any day of the week. This is more than art, it's an ecosystem. In many years when I have the money for a large setup, this will absolutely be my primary inspiration. Beautiful :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.