The Planted Tank Forum banner

2 Kickstarter Aquariums

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Clemsons2k 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I saw the first one a few days ago I think.

I have big issues with it.

turning aquariums into tables, is a bad idea to me. that glass isn't meant to be near feet for.

That and he doesnt need a kickstarter, he just needs sales.

he'd be better off with a nice website. He'd also be better off with better craftsmanship and finishing too. Especially since he's not using stain grade pine. (and using a soft wood for furniture? looks cheap, is cheap)

I'd be more impressed if the final wood product looked good at least; instead, it looks like he picked out floor molding from lowes. I'd say the end product looks like something you'd find in an 80's era den with fake wood paneling.

The other one is interesting at least.

Too pricey for my tastes, but, i'm sure, the office receptionist would probably love one as well would those super cool graphic designers. :D

#4 ·
#5 ·
the update seems to imply things are better though. I wonder how much of the issues with the jellyfish tank was people just not being capable of maintenance. also, if your jellyfish keep getting stuck on the rocks... remove the rocks, remove some of them?

It's a common misconception that betta thrive in those environments. unfortunately a lot of them survive living like that. we just know better

#13 ·
I see none of these 3 doing well. The table aquairum is just not well thought out for a few reasons and I really don't want to see another small hipster betta tank on the market...And I also agree that reef tank will probably not do well with that little of maintenance and lighting.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...umstm-self-cleaning-aquarium-for-bet?ref=live

This one isn't too bad. It doesn't have a heater built in, but atleast in his ad it explains that they shouldn't be kept in cold rooms. Also mentions that water should be changed every couple days and that the betta's health is dependant on water quality.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.