The Planted Tank Forum banner

leaving the hobby :(

6K views 57 replies 22 participants last post by  OVT 
#1 ·
Regrettably, i need to leave the tank and frog hobby. I need to unload all my tanks. There too much to list currently. I will post a more complete inventory later, but suffice it to say the 125 is available, the 75 planted, 30g shrimp tank, 40b drilled, 40b mantella tank, 60g white's tree frog tank, 15g, 29bow, 20L.

Livestock include white cloud mountain minnows, a few cardinal tetras, 1 mantella baroni (frog), 8 mantella betsileo, 6 whites tree frogs, dubia blaptica cockroaches and madagascar hissing cockroaches and about 10 yellow shrimp.

This is pickup only. No shipping, no delivery, no trades, no reasonable offer refused.

#5 ·
Dude,

This makes me sad and I dont even know you other than thru this forum...Hopefully things work out and you can get back into a hobby you enjoy...I know I left the hobby when I was younger and didn't get back in right away because I was always waiting for a bigger living space or to have more money....you never have "more money"....so I finally went to Thrift store last year and got a 20long and stand...Best decision I've made recently..

Good luck - I may PM you about some of your equipment.

#11 ·
ok, here's my plant list i have available.

sunset hygro
crypt. spiralis
c. zukali (with one runner)
c. x purpurea (wit 4 runners)
c. cordata 'thailand'
c. hudoroi
c. nurii x 3
c. nurii 'pahang'
c. wendtii 'florida sunset x 7
c. affinis
anubias nana
a. nana petite" x 11 most are large
a. angustfolia
bolbitis
blyxa japonica
ludwigia sengalesis x 3
lindernia rotundifolia
staurgyne repens
java ferns: standard, needle, windelov

numerous terrarium plants, including 3 orchids (pm me about the species)

#12 ·
Bill,

Sorry to hear you are taking a break. I am interested in most of your smaller tanks. I won't be a hoarder so I'll wait for others to get their chances first. Let me know what you have left when you have to move them so we can work out something.

Are you staying in Philly?

Van

#13 ·
equipment
125 gallon with home built stand
75g with iron stand
40b drilled for bulkheads
15g with hood and light. currently a roach vivarium, but background is easily removed
a few 10 gallons, a couple are rimless
60g, currently housing white's tree frogs, but if you want the tank, i can keep the frogs elsewhere
40b paludarium housing 1 mantella baroni. (see signature)
30g currently housing a couple crs and about 10 yellow neos
20L x 2
55g tank
20lb co2 tank with a standard (no solenoid) regulator
fluval 305
fluval fx5
ocean clear canister (water polisher)
4 foot odyssea 4 bulb t5ho light with built in timer
(2) 36" 4 bulb odyssea th50 (moonlights never worked and i do not have the plugs for them anymore)
4 foot zomed aquasun 2 bulb t5ho light
eheim 2213 (new in box)
exoterra ultrasonic fogger (new in box)

plus a ton of other aquariums supplies. (hob's, lights, ect)

#17 ·
Damn, two in one week! Sorry to hear you've got to move.

How much would you want for the Fluval 305 (will be setting up a 55g in the future), and the two 20 liter tanks? I figure I need one for quarantine/hospital and could set the other up next to my 75 and try my hand at shrimp and snails, the latter of which could be used to feed the Assassins in the 75 if they do a good enough job.

Also, what is that 20lb CO2 canister + regulator like? If I could use that on the future 55g I'd definitely be interested in that also.

#27 ·
Okay, I definitely want to call dibs on the 305 and assuming I can work off of it, the CO2 tank then. Not sure the dimensions of the long tank are really prime for what I'd be using them for.

#28 ·
-I would definitely buy the following:

-Definitely interested in the bolbitis (actually have been on the lookout for it –figured I’d order some when it got warmer.)
-Definitely would like some of the needle java fern (& the other java ferns if no one wants to buy it).
-I am about to set up a 20 long dirted tank(maybe two)…I would definitely like any of the crypts, anubias, etc. Much like Van said I don’t want to be a hoarder or a glutton. I’m currently low to medium light so nothing too difficult to care for or too expensive.
- if you can’t get a fair price for the Eheim 2213- send me a pm. I’m sure with moving you could use the cash more than the equipment sitting in a closet. I don’t NEED it at the moment but was looking into Eheim anyway as I’ve heard good things & you can never have enough filtration. You may need to wait till end of month for this half of the deal(cashflow).

#30 ·
I don't know you very well, but the brief I interaction I had with you, you are cool in my book. Sorry to hear you are leaving.

When you get back into the hobby I will more likely be full swing with plants. Just link me up and I'll hook you up no charge :)

Pm sent...

from my iP 5 via Tapa.

#36 ·
Just met up will Bill and picked up the Co2 tank along with some healthy Staurogyne. Cool guy. Thanks again

from my iP 5 via Tapa.
Thanks again R! It was great to finally meet you!! Enjoy the tank.

Btw....co2 tanks is gone!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.