The Planted Tank Forum banner

New to plant tank

431 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  DirtDevilDTOM 
#1 ·
Hi all,
Long time aquarium enthusiast and first time plant tanker...:)

My name is Mike and i've been doing mostly reef tank but started out with the usual freshwater fish only tank.

Over the years, i've really not even bother to look at freshwater stuff cuz it was boring. One day, i went to a new local fish store and doing my usual stuff, buying saltwater, coral, food, etc...

Since this place was new to me, i walked around a found a back room that was dedicated to freshwater plant tanks. My jaw just dropped and a whole new world just opened up to me.

You can say it was love at first sight!! 2 months after visiting that place, im now ready to start my own plant tank. Going to start off with a small 4 gallon just to get my feet wet...

Im currently working on my aquascape and have been reading some really good articles. Hope it turns out nice. If you have an tips, please advise.

Here are some pictures of my setup. Thanks everyone...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Mike! I also recently got into the whole planted tank thing by converting my 72 gallon fish only that I have had running for about 10 years.

I always wanted to do salt because of how great the corals looked but was put off by the cost and equipment needs. I didn't want to deal with salt either. I do like to tinker though and wanted a little more to do with the tank than just feeding and water changes. Then I saw some pictures of dutch aquariums and ADA nature style tanks and I knew that starting a planted tank was the way for me.

Since getting into this I have learned a ton and have a long way to go. This site is the go to place to find tons of people that will help get you going! Best of luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.