The Planted Tank Forum banner

Wood burning & carving projects

3K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Kehy 
#1 ·
Just some things I've done lately. Feel free to post your own work!

Fish and Lilly, just did the last of the painting last night:

Applewood Elk, this guy helped my get into Advanced class, the second highest recognized rank. I was actually hoping to stay in the lower rank for awhile, haha

Batman No reason. Just Batman

Oh, and these were fun lil carves. The turtle was .5" long, the giraffe 1" tall

See less See more
#10 ·
Thanks ya'll :3
I can do some stuff on commission, but just as a warning, carving and burning take time, I'm not particularly good with fish, and price depends on what it is, how detailed, style, ect.

But have some more pics because I'll admit I do like showing off.

Tiny Fox - 1" long. We go on adventures sometimes.

I often make wooden rings. Small, quick, and fun to make. This one became a showpiece and took a 1st.

Black walnut Buddha ~1.5" tall. This carving has a bit of a story to go with it.

When I was away at college, the campus museum was running an exhibit on the return of salmon to a local river. As part of the exhibit there was an art installation that included a huge water feature made to look like a river with rocks. It was at least 75 gallons of water total. I thought about giving it some White Cloud Minnows, it would have been perfect for that. :hihi: Instead I decided to drop this carving onto one of the rocks and see what happened. The museum staff were friends of mine and loved my carving/s (it brought in spectators to the museum), but I didn't tell most of them that I added the little Buddha. Since the 'River' was in the lobby of one of the most high-traffic areas, and they started tour groups there, it was the people of the tours that noticed it and pointed it out to the staff. The staff were deeply amused, and came to really enjoy him being there.

For around 3 months Buddha stayed on the river, sometimes being moved from rock to rock. He was nearly the same color and shape as the rocks so not everyone noticed him, actually very few did. The museum was located in one of the more popular buildings, with well over 100 classes taught there. During the class changes, I would sometimes sit in the lobby and watch to see who noticed Buddha. When someone did see him, they usually smiled and pointed it out to their friends, or just walked on. It felt nice to make people's day a little better, even in such a small way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.