Anybody got Aqueon ProFlex Module Wet Dry model 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 08:33 PM   #1
Shamus.Flynn
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 52
Default

Anybody got Aqueon ProFlex Module Wet Dry model 4


Anybody got one of these? They any good?
Shamus.Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-06-2014, 08:37 PM   #2
Aquadawg
Algae Killer
 
Aquadawg's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 422
Default

I use an Aqueon Proflex #3 and love it. I use Duct Tape around the top to help prevent CO2 leakage. I love mine! I am sure the #4 is just for larger tanks than the 3. You will get your money's worth.
__________________
The fastest way to success is patience.

Best,

Joe
Aquadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:32 PM   #3
Shamus.Flynn
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 52
Default

Theres afew questions i got about them i cant find anywhere on the net.

1: how hard is it for cleaning them? Is it only the socks you really have to clean or clean out the bubble collector or whatever you call it before pump and how often have to clean the socks?
2: does it come with a pump or you buy one of them separate.
3: are they really as quiet as they are claiming to be?
Shamus.Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
Aquadawg
Algae Killer
 
Aquadawg's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamus.Flynn View Post
Theres afew questions i got about them i cant find anywhere on the net.

1: how hard is it for cleaning them? Is it only the socks you really have to clean or clean out the bubble collector or whatever you call it before pump and how often have to clean the socks?
2: does it come with a pump or you buy one of them separate.
3: are they really as quiet as they are claiming to be?
1. Easy to clean. Buy an extra set of socks for convenience. I put mine in the washing machine (while my wife is at work lol) and they come out looking brand new. I change them every ten days.
2.The pump must be purchased. 7-10 gph per gallon size of tank. Remember you are raising the water up a few feet too.
3. The quietness is fantastic.
4. On a side note I would look into the #3 unless you have more than a 90 gallon tank. Also are you planning to go Berlin, Wet dry, or refugium. Personally I use the wet dry so I purchased the media tray as well.
5. Can you be more specific as to bubble counter thing??? I don't know if you are referring to the skimmer or the inlet tubes next to the socks.
__________________
The fastest way to success is patience.

Best,

Joe
Aquadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:47 PM   #5
Rob in (ca)
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long beach ca,
Posts: 86
Default

This guy is got one hot setup of the model 4 Sump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A1RPNH2mMw

Last edited by Rob in (ca); 08-07-2014 at 12:26 AM.. Reason: spell
Rob in (ca) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:42 AM   #6
Shamus.Flynn
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 52
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquadawg View Post
1. Easy to clean. Buy an extra set of socks for convenience. I put mine in the washing machine (while my wife is at work lol) and they come out looking brand new. I change them every ten days.
2.The pump must be purchased. 7-10 gph per gallon size of tank. Remember you are raising the water up a few feet too.
3. The quietness is fantastic.
4. On a side note I would look into the #3 unless you have more than a 90 gallon tank. Also are you planning to go Berlin, Wet dry, or refugium. Personally I use the wet dry so I purchased the media tray as well.
5. Can you be more specific as to bubble counter thing??? I don't know if you are referring to the skimmer or the inlet tubes next to the socks.
Thanks. I am not sure what berlin is so probly not lol. Just be wet dry idk about refugium not at start tho. Ya probly will end up with #3 just a guy thing bigger is better lol. I am planning on building a 150gallon tank so wanted to get something big enough for it as well then just have to buy bigger pump when i get new tank built. Or would that be 2 big for my 75gallon till i get it built. Thats a good idea tho to get 2 sets and i would definetly not wash them while wife home in her brand new washer lol. I was refering to the blue sponge thing that is in wall beside the pump at thebottom of sump.
Shamus.Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:11 AM   #7
Aquadawg
Algae Killer
 
Aquadawg's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 422
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamus.Flynn View Post
Thanks. I am not sure what berlin is so probly not lol. Just be wet dry idk about refugium not at start tho. Ya probly will end up with #3 just a guy thing bigger is better lol. I am planning on building a 150gallon tank so wanted to get something big enough for it as well then just have to buy bigger pump when i get new tank built. Or would that be 2 big for my 75gallon till i get it built. Thats a good idea tho to get 2 sets and i would definetly not wash them while wife home in her brand new washer lol. I was refering to the blue sponge thing that is in wall beside the pump at thebottom of sump.
I don't know the measurements of the four. I can tell you that the three is a very tight fit in the standard size cabinet under my 90 gallon tank. If it's any bigger than the three, I would say no. I would put it in the cabinet before you place the tank on top. The blue sponge, I clean monthly. Between the tray and the socks, they get most of it.
__________________
The fastest way to success is patience.

Best,

Joe
Aquadawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #8
Shamus.Flynn
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 52
Default

Ya its alil bigger. If goes under my stand ill have to lift stand over top of it. Doors arent big enough to fit threw but alot of room under it. So that wont be problem or might put in basement and then dont have to worry about room

Last edited by Shamus.Flynn; 08-07-2014 at 01:31 PM.. Reason: Because
Shamus.Flynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012