The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fenbendazole

3K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  acitydweller 
#1 ·
So I just found some hydras in my tank. There aren't any shrimp in it yet but I'd like to get rid of the hydras before I start populating the tank. Does anyone have some they can spare? Or know where I can buy some cheap? Thanks.

#8 ·
I always use safe-guard fenbendazole its about 10-12 bucks and i usually grind it up first so it can be spread around the tank and dissolve faster. it'll take like a month for it all to go away. and like 1 week for the planeria to disappear.

you can get this at petsmart, and petco.

This post has been deleted
#13 ·
I used the product intended for goats, its a 10% suspension. It didn't really work for my camallanus worms, but it killed the CRAP out of my snails. Lost all of my nerites and most of my MTS. Buddy of mine has hydra and I've given the remainder of the product to him, far as I know he hasn't used it and is still trying to kill them with H2O2 (why?)

You can easily find it at petco or whatever listed as Safe-guard for dogs, it comes in 3g (?) packets I think, maybe 1g. Whatever. Everything I have read says grind it up really fine or it will be a bear to dissolve, which is why I went for the goat liquid. If you have a farm supply store near where you live check it out.

Stay away from the horse paste. Hydra hate the taste of apple cinnamon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.