The Planted Tank Forum banner

20g long "The Root Beginning"

25K views 145 replies 38 participants last post by  marioman72 
#1 · (Edited)
hey everyone! , so im from RI and just started to become active on the forum and wanted to finally start a thread for my tanks now that im getting back into the scene. my 20g has been up and running for a couple of years now but with in the past few months have been really getting into the whole aquascaping stuff.

i just got my new 10g thats derimmed, started up tonight and hope to have a nice and planned out arrangement. on the hunt for plants right now probably going to try buying from other members on the forum any suggestions on what to look for would be great new to buying from forums. tomorrow ill have some pics of the start

20g L update 12/14/12

_DSC6288 by marioman72, on Flickr

2/4/13

_DSC6646 by marioman72, on Flickr

3/16/13

_DSC7052 by marioman72, on Flickr

so far heres what i have in my 20g:

Plants:
ludwigia repens
rotala wallichii
Myriophyllum mattogrossense
crypt wendtii brown and green
E. tenellus
rotala corlata
lilaeopsis brasiliensis
glossostigma
hydrocotle sib.

Funa:
cardinal tetras
amano shrimp
bazzilion cherry shrimp
tangerine tiger shrimp

Equipment and ferts:
marineland C-160 filter
coralife 24" 18wx2 on 10 hours a day
diy co2
fluorite and eco-complete with root tabs
i dose some excel, and pfretz every day

any input would be great thanks!

TANK failed and CRACKED 10g update: 12/12/2012

_DSC6276 by marioman72, on Flickr

last picture before its death 2/4/13

_DSC6645 by marioman72, on Flickr
Plants:
HC
hydrocotle sib.
Eleocharis acicularis
limnophilia aromatica
fissdens

Equipment and ferts:
fluval plant/shrimp stratum with root tabs
24w coralife 18" light
DIY co2 with fluval disk diffuser
pfertz, excel daily dosages

Funa:
10 maculata rasboras
12 wild green neons
6 otos
6 amano shrimp
15 PFR shrimp
5 pigmy cories

See less See more
#138 ·
thanks!

that 20g looks beautiful. i'm embarrassed by mine now!
never be embarrassed just aspire to make your even better! but thanks!

Sorry to hear about the tank! It was really spectacular!
yea it sucks :/ luckily no water damage that we can see

Yeah, that stinks about the 10g. That was a nice one :(
agreed haha it was coming along nicely, on to bigger and better thigns! like the 12in cube tank haha

over all though im super excited to rescape the 20g and make it look really realy nice. trying to research right now ideas on how to approach this scape this time and make it super stunning.

#139 ·
Ok everyone sorry for the delay but heres the new scape! evething is heavly settled in somethings need some rearanging and or trimming but its a start!

got some new shrimps and fish too! i now have a tun of PFR shrimps and one CSR some were in the mix. the ammanos, and lastly the new tangerine tiger shrimps witch r super cool got them at the LFS when they had a new selection of some very different fish. other wise i got tun of baby cardinal tetras witch i traded for the blue tetras because they ended up eating my little shrimps :/ extremely awesome fish but they def need their space.

heres the pics!

mr tiger shrimp:

_DSC7049 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC7051 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC7052 by marioman72, on Flickr

#146 ·
Hello everyone! its been quite a while since i posted on the forum but im back at least for the time being ! took a couple of pics tonight and looking back at my last post on this thread, all i can say is wow has this tank grown a lot. so much so its almost time for another restart. going to be changing this tank and the 30g in the next few weeks ive grown tired of my scapes ive been mantaing these past few months and its time for a change while i have some free time! well anyways heres my new update on the tank!

_DSC8424 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC8426 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC8432 by marioman72, on Flickr

_DSC8433 by marioman72, on Flickr

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.