The Planted Tank Forum banner

Modified Fluval Ebi - Raffle for the NY Aquarium

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  cprash 
#1 · (Edited)

This is an Ebi Tank with a ZooMed light fixture mounted on it. The fixture has a 23watt 6700k CFL bulb. The original foam background is still in there, reinforced with some silicon on top.

Note:

-The lid has never fit. I think its the tank because the lid fit fine on another Ebi. I used an HOB filter and had a tall piece of driftwood, which made a lid impossible anyway.
-The light fixture flickers when it's switched off, I used a timer to turn the entire unit completely off.
- You should probably give the tank a bleaching. I'll give it a wipedown and its still got some sediment on the glass.
- The picture shows the highest the light fixture can be suspended. It can go much lower.

This tank will now be raffled off! Watch this space for details!

Tank was bought modified, so I don't have anything else that would have come with the kit.

I can meet most places in Manhattan, most place in Queens and some spots in Brooklyn close to the A line.

See less See more
#8 ·
if you were considering cpos or dward cajuns, you can easily house 3-4 there in an 8 gallon provided there were enough hiding spaces. I have 7 at the moment in a 5.5g. with tons of cut pvc pipe throughout, driftwood and even floaters for which they dangle from. never thought that was possible but it is. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.