The Planted Tank Forum banner

API nexx filter as reactor??

753 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Sethjohnson30 
#1 ·
My friends fish died and he got rid of his tank. He has a used API nexx filter that he only used for about 6 weeks. He has offered to sell it to me for 40$ I think this is about what it would cost me to build an rg or cerges style reactor.

The reason I would like to go this route is because I have a hydor 300w inline Heater that is to small to run on my fx5 1" hose, and finding a whole house filter or the parts to build an rg reactor with 1" connections is not easy(or cheap).

So how would I go about modifying this filter to turn it into a reactor.

I also was considering adding a 48" (tank length) spray bar, and positioning it substrate level so I have an even distribution of co2. I'm assuming with a spray bar that long and a filter this weak the flow will not be great. Keep in Mind I have an fx5 running full bore with the stock output on a 72g. Flow is not an issue for me.

Any ideas on how to do this. I'm really getting bored with low tech and need to get my co2 system back up and running ASAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.