The Planted Tank Forum banner

Has anyone here kept Triops cancriformis?

4K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Sethjohnson30 
#1 ·
I was browsing eBay and came across these guys. I can't seem to find much info on them. They are pretty cool though!

#8 ·
canc's life span is about 1 year. I'm in the process of trying to raise albinos. But I'm not gonna bother because of the hurricane thats coming. I actually sell Triops T.Long eggs. I give a large amount for 5 bucks. If your interested lmk.

T.Long's last for about 3 months. I'd recommend you keep em in sand rather than dirt.

they aren't too messy. Imo they are really cool to keep. Its a different kinda pet that makes it worth keeping for a short term.

#13 ·
If you can convince her to keep a small tank you can have my kit! I accidently broke the little tank it came with. Ok... I stepped on it when I was tearing my tank apart.

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/auction/closed.cgi?view_closed_item&fwinverts1348389002
Looks like so. You are getting
special nutrient pack
30-50 cultured Triops eggs
thermometer strip
magnifying ruler
colored gravel
decorative fossil replica
color Instruction Booklet

I am unsure which is the glow in the dark bead so I'm just going to not list it.

Let me know. I'll send it out with the snails :-D

#15 ·
I agree with the post above, I saw them on youtube after finding out about them some time ago and that just put me off to them entirely... just not the creature for me!

The way they move, swim, and look is repulsive to me, I already hate cockroaches and crickets and this is basically the underwater version of those aesthetically! ;__;

Oddly enough I love spiders and mantids so shrimp and crabs are the sweet spot.

All appearances, I have nothing else against the little guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.