The Planted Tank Forum banner

Pink fungal infections?

547 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Rene02 
#1 ·
So last night I noticed one of my female dwarf neon rainbow fish had this pink fungus-looking growth on her side, in the caudal peduncle (the area right before the caudal fin). She swimming okay, and eating still. Then this morning, I noticed the same type of growth on one of my dominant male rainbow of the same species. it doesn't seem to be affecting him at all either. The tank is borderline over stocked, I must admit. it's a 55 gallon dirted moderately planted tank with dry-dose fertilizers, medium light, etc etc. I've been slacking on water changes for the last few weeks (due to being busy with final school work and whatnot), and I brought a few fish from the aquarium I manage at school (for community service hours, which I need to graduate) into the tank. Now, I had no where else to put them, but all of these fish were bloated, from the students each period feeding them, I suspect. They could have brought something into the tank as well. Any suggestions besides my already planned daily small water changes, that I could do to combat whatever this is? Any suggestions as to what it could be? As I've never seen an infection like that before in my ten years of keeping aquarium fish o.o, thanks in advance for any and all replies :)

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
For whatever reason, I'm having issues with uploading the video I took of them :/ I'll try to get some photos up later

My only fear is that it's TB, can anyone describe to me the symptoms of such disease?

Well, it's not TB thankfully. I'm still not sure what it is, I'll attempt to upload photos (was unable to try tonight) tomorrow, but for now I'm going to do a water change, raise the heat slightly, feed some peas, add some salt and epsom salt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.