Hardscape: ADA AquaSoil, locally collected rocks and DW

Fauna plans:
Crystal Reds
otos

Plants: (will add as i go)
Mini pellia (rocks)
Willow moss (DW)
C. parva

I am building a simple stand today. Chopping up the mini pellia and begining a DSM today as well.

hardscape layout

in the tank

with AS

left side

right side

See less See more
#10 ·
Nice set up man! I like the layout! I'm going with a C. Parva foreground in my 20L PFR tank, if I can find the stuff...Ive been shopping for it at least 3 weeks now. Any plans to de-rim the tank? I've been reading about derimming an already running tank, not sure I want to do it yet. Although I've got another 20L sitting around that will get derimmed prior to being set up.

I totally understand second thoughts on the higher grade shrimp. I just lost a bunch of PFRs due to water quality problems. Switching from tap to RO water now. Definitely not in a rush anymore to setup the next shrimp tank.

Well good luck! I'm gonna go ahead and subscribe.

#11 ·
Nice set up man! I like the layout! I'm going with a C. Parva foreground in my 20L PFR tank, if I can find the stuff...Ive been shopping for it at least 3 weeks now. Any plans to de-rim the tank? I've been reading about derimming an already running tank, not sure I want to do it yet. Although I've got another 20L sitting around that will get derimmed prior to being set up.

I totally understand second thoughts on the higher grade shrimp. I just lost a bunch of PFRs due to water quality problems. Switching from tap to RO water now. Definitely not in a rush anymore to setup the next shrimp tank.

Well good luck! I'm gonna go ahead and subscribe.
thanks man. Yeah parva is hard to come buy. I luckly had a good buddy hook me up with about 12, and they are doing great.

#12 ·
Update:
The tank is now cycled. You can see the mini pellia coming in nicely on all the rocks. The willow moss that i thought all but died during the DSM is popping back up on the DW. I also added a couple patches of flame moss in the back there.

I have yet to add the c. parva. Its doing so nicely in my other low tech tank that i would hate to shock it by moving to this tank. BUT i did buy it for this tank....

Here are a few pic right after the last "cycle" WC

#13 ·
Beautiful setup! I like how it slopes down toward the middle with the two hardscape organizations (right word choice there?) on the side. Can't wait to see how it turns out with livestock. I just set up a 2 gallon CRS habitat too, but haven't made a tank journal yet. I'm gonna try to make it tonight or so.

#17 ·
#20 ·
I cant believe this is the first time i have seen this thread !
Looks great Chad, you are catching up to Han and his 250 tanks ! :)

#25 ·
thx man. NON RO water and i only lost one within the first few days.:hihi:

i will NEVER be able to catch up with Han, i dont have the room!

Awesome design!! Where did you find all the cool chunks of wood?
thx shift. I foind them here at a local lake.

This is nice ! except for those fake looking logs of wood. I would also add some waterproof LED lighting on tip there with blue/or green nuances to make it look like a dark fortress.I would also suggest you add some floating plants, dont quite know the name but some are very small and some look like water lilies, you know just to give it a more natural look.
hey Iz. What steven said about the cholla, i dont like it either. But the shrimp seem to so.......

I like the LED idea. I may have rto research that a tad. I also do have floaters in there, some frogbit,

#22 ·
This is nice ! except for those fake looking logs of wood. I would also add some waterproof LED lighting on tip there with blue/or green nuances to make it look like a dark fortress.I would also suggest you add some floating plants, dont quite know the name but some are very small and some look like water lilies, you know just to give it a more natural look.

#23 ·
LOL, those fake looking logs of wood are cholla wood. Its what all the cool shrimp keepers use Ha ha. It grows bio film and other micro organisms that the shrimp will graze on.

#29 ·
very nice man!

that flamingo is doing better then mine lol... mine are all short and compacted.

What lighting did you end up for this tank?
thx. actually that is not the best looking flamingo that i have. my other is SUPER compact and has about twice the leaves. Ill text you a pic of it tomorrow.

just a basic 36" aquarium fixture with a zoo med bulb.

my other flamingo is in my 55g with a single T5 bulb.

Lookin awesome bro!
thx Nick. CRS are doing awesome and have about doubled in size. They are at maturity now i am guessing, now to see if i can get them to breed in the conditions that i am keeping them in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.