The Planted Tank Forum banner

free tank Craigslist find

1K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  discusonly 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I'll let you know but no respond from the person. Not a problem getting it from the city to my house. I'll probably need help getting it down to the basement (done it by myself in the pass but not a good idea now that I think about it).

I really wish the person would get back to me cause I would use it just for holding water (don't care about chip or scratch) and I have a place for it already.

#8 ·
Oh don't go there. I had a person who called me from Indiana 5 times yesterday about the car. Wanted me to hold the car for him.. now he said he is leaving this afternoon and drive to NJ and wanted me to hold the car for him.

What's your address? I am going to have him come meet me at your address. .LOL

I don't know.. About 10 years ago when I listed my car for sale. A guy called me from Arkansas and asked me my closes airport. They were at the airport a few hours later that day and asked me to pick them up. I got there and they were on flip flop without any luggage but had the cash. I refused the cash and told them they needed to convert it to a certifield check. They had to get a hotel room and waited until the next day cause the bank was closed. Completed the sale at at AAA and they drove the car home. That was one of my craziest encounter with selling someone online.

#9 ·
Wow, that's nuts! A dealership i used to work for sold cars on the net also. We sold one to a guy in memphis. The owner talked the lot guy into driving it to memphis then catch a flight back. Well, the dumbassed lot guy forgot to take his coke out of his ciggarette pack and ended up spending a week in a memphis jail for possession. Lol ok, i know it's not a craigslist story, but i always get a chuckle out of it....lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.