The Planted Tank Forum banner

Momotaro's 75G Aquarium Project

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Buck 
#1 ·
After months of research and many annoying questions on this board, I have finally begun to assemble my aquarium. I have been buying equipment piece by piece all winter, and I am now on vacation and have started!
I'm flusing out the new RO unit, I've added a post to the frame of the aquarium stand to hold the CO2 tank firmly, and done most of the plumbing. I'll finish up later on tonight when we put the aquarium itself up on the stand. I think I've gotten the equipment hashed out.
Next step will be to rinse out the Flourite, soak the driftwood a bit (I've already washed and "disinfected" it with hydrogen peroxide) and place the wood. This will be the most time consuming part of the project, getting everything just right. There is no point in rushing. It takes time to get things right. I will also try to get out and collect some rock from my "secret source".
I am hoping to get some shots with my sister's digi cam. She owes me, I did her taxes!
I would like to thank everyone who answered my questions and helped me get to the point that I am at now, and hope you will continue to provide assistance with my questions and problems.
Thanks again, if there is any interest in my project, I will keep you posted.

Mike

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm always interested in watching a new tank come together. If you got a digi, by all means take pictures and post them as sort of a chronological progression.

I love to live vicariously thru other peoples tank adventures! :lol:

Marcel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.