The Planted Tank Forum banner

Maxspec Razor 8000k fixtures info?

928 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Idrankwhat 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any test data from these? Thinking of switching over from my T-5s but they have a crazy amount of output from the 27 inch fixture, 120 watts. Seems like an awful lot for for a 36 inch long 20 inch deep tank but I love the color output and built in tweaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Were you expecting replies in less than 2 hours on a Saturday 4 days before Christmas?

The only Maxspec Razor fixtures I familiar with they use on reef tanks. I don't know about anyone using them for planted.

For the price you can get a BML or Finnex fixture with better results and suited for a planted tank and come out with more money in your pocket.

#6 ·
Look at the BML lights seriously. They are also about to release a new controller soon too and if you use an Apex it already works with it. A lot more light output and cheaper than the Razor. IMO the BML look is a lot more sleeker. While the razor looks cool that design is mainly for air flow for the fixture but is overkill on the design and sacrifices it being compact and streamline. You would also be restricted to one fixture if you go with the razor because of the design you wouldn't be able to fit two. BML also just released a new XB series which is suppose to be 37% more output than their orignal series which is already has a hella output.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.