The Planted Tank Forum banner

Fluval Daylight Aqualife & Plant LED Nano Aquarium Lamp, 6" L X 5.5" W

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DemonUnleashed 
#1 ·

Does anyone own this lamp? Is it bright enough for a planted tank? Its quite expensive

See less See more
#4 ·
The only specs i could compare was the LEDs and power input. It takes about 8 watts for about 83 LEDs. A ray 2 from finnex is almost identical to that spec with the same amount of LEDs. I noticed fluval has some 250 dollar 36 inch led kits also. Quite expensive but i guess it is name brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
I picked one up about two weeks ago. I had it on a timer and went away for the weekend. Came back and it was dead. So I returned it but they didn't have any in stock to replace. Today I picked up a new one. I've got my fingers crossed that I will have better luck with this one.

#6 ·
I'm not sure what LEDs other companies use, but the new Fluval LED lights use the same kind of LED that is used for the flash on your camera phone. I don't know how much of a difference this makes, but I thought I'd point that out. One thing that I don't like about this light is the mounting system. You spend the better part of $100 for a nano light and you have to mount it with double sided tape. Take a look at this light. Descent PAR, a heck of a lot better mounting system, and a darn good price to boot.

#7 ·
When I was trying to find more info on this light I found out the GeraldStringham used it on a tank so i pm'd him with "Hello. I read your post about getting great growth with the new light. I currently have a fluval ebi with a 12 inch fugeray on it. Do you think the fluval nano led would be an improvement?". He replied "I don't know the par of the fugeray but I can tell you directly below the fluval nano at 12" is like 70 par.". But in another post par was mentioned at 45. I don't have a meter myself. If you'd like i can take one picture with the fugeray and another with the Fluval nano light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.