The Planted Tank Forum banner

Albino Sterbai Cory Fry (New Video 05.25.11)

11K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  fishhes 
#1 · (Edited)
So I've got a breeding pair of Sterbai Corydoras and I've been raising 6 fry for about 2 weeks now. Everything is going along great, but it looks like I have several albino sterbai cory fry along with the normal sterbai fry. My question is have any of you guys ever bred sterbai and experienced anything like this? I will try to get some pics but they are still pretty small and don't keep still very long.

#36 ·
The fry have grown out nicely. No deaths in the last two months. The count is holding steady at 7 with 3 albino and 4 normal Sterbai Corydoras. They are nice and plump and have great colors. They are very active in the 2.5g, but I will be moving them to something bigger very soon. I have some pics I will post in a bit, but for now here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpMaHwzxTcY

#41 ·
cats are fish

Petco has them at $9, and I've seen that price in other stores around town (midwest). I recently got lucky and picked up 3 down at Petsmart today that were mistakenly shipped to the store to fill an order for albino corys. I recognized them straight out, gold fins, white spots on black body. They didn't even have a tag for them so the guy just filled out the card for albinos and I got 3 sterbais for $10. I was pretty happy about that!

The only problem is that I now have only three sterbais in my tank and might need to spend the $9 a piece to fill out the rest of the team roster (I think 5 should do fine). I'm planning on stopping back at Petsmart tomorrow after their truck comes in to see if they have any other fortuitous delivery mistakes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.