The Planted Tank Forum banner

Betta and pygmy corydoras?

10K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  laurenjane 
#1 ·
I'm planning on stocking my 10 gallon with a Betta and some pygmy corydoras. I've heard 8 is the best number for the corys.

How do you think these would go together? Too many corys? Would love some input. Thanks. :thumbsup:

#2 ·
A betta and pygmy corys should do great in a 10g. You could even do slightly more than 8 if you wanted, but it's a safe starting point. I have a betta, 7 Corydoras habrosus (dwarf corys but not actual pygmy corys) and some other fish in a 20 long and they get along fantastically.

#4 ·
Oh cool! Thanks. How many corys do you think I could get away with? They have a special on if you buy 12.. would that be a fair amount?

I was planning on adding the corys first, then the betta later on. Instead of just throwing them all in at once.

#12 ·
any fish with a betta will depends on the betta. i have a male with some guppies and sword tails. but then i have a 2nd male and a female that live alone cause of how mean they can be to other fish. im a big fan of pygmy cories. there are 3 different pygmy cories. what one are you getting. i got pygmause, and have like 18 of them in a planted 10 gal and only see them when they dart from one side of the tank to the other. mine only get to be about 1 inch long as adults. and yes with corries the more the better.

#13 ·
Given the proper amount of space, corydoras and bettas make great tank mates. I've got a few Dwarf Cories (I'm assuming they're different from the pygmies) and they're really active and surprisingly hardy for such small fish. I'm tempted to just have them in my nano tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.