The Planted Tank Forum banner

Juiceworlds 75g Planted Heaven (56k)

913 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  juiceworld 
#1 ·
Oh, the yummy goodness of starting a new tank!

After finding a good deal on a used 75g tank and my wife saying I could buy it (on HER birthday no less). I am upgrading from my 30g. Its going to be a hi tech tank.

Specs.

75g Tank
Home made Stand
2017 ehime filter (just to start with)
4x4' T5 HO bulbs 11" from the top of the tank off a workhorse 7 ballast
20lbs CO2 (I'm using a ceramic diffuser ATM but am going to upgrade to an inline one)
Flourite substrate
200w Heater

I made the stand out of a MDF Shelving unit I had. Use what you got is what I say! Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. I was jumping on the thing and it didn't even budge.

NVM the mess of toys around, My 2yo daughter decided that she need to have all of her toys help with the build. As you can see there is a boot fish in the tank already.

See less See more
#4 ·
Lol there will be more! I am going to paint the background tonight. Tomorrow I will be picking up some more gravel and transferring everything over.

As for the gravel, I'm not sure if I am going to add more flourite or if I should mix it with something. I've been thinking about using dirt. Not to sure about it though. I dont want to add it and then regret it 6 months down the road.

I would like to take more time setting it up, but my living room is small and the "Boss" is telling me one of the tanks has to go....And she's eyeballing the 75g

#5 ·
I got everything all set up. But there is still more to do!

I have to admit I like the looks of this much better then the flourite.

Filter

Part way filled. Thats one of the branches I'm going to use.

All filled up.

Done! Well not really. Still have to hook up the CO2, make a reactor. Add more Eco-compleat and more "Stuff"

#7 ·
I got the CO2 all hooked up, but unfortunately the stand is not tall enough to use my bubble counter on the regulator. I'm going to have to move it down the line.

I also got some dry Ferts. There is a hydroponics shop almost across the street, I never knew it was even there until I saw it yesterday. I'm going to be doing the EI method.

Some of my plants are doing really well since the move and some are not. My crypts are all melting (to be expected), But my chain Swords and Anubis are showing a lot of new growth.

Melting Crypts.
From this.

To This.

New Growth.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.