The Planted Tank Forum banner

bitFUUL's GLA 61-C ** (2ft. x 2ft. x 1ft.) ** Emersed Hemianthus Callitrichoides

26K views 83 replies 32 participants last post by  monkeyruler90 
#1 · (Edited)
Setup List
Tank: GLA High Clarity 61-C (30 Gallon Rimless) with Cabinet
Lighting: DIY 8 LEDs with Moonlighting and Controller
CO2: GLA Atomic Paintball v2
Filter: Eheim 2217
Lily Pipes: Glass outflow, custom acrylic inflow
Substrate: Aquasoil

============================================

See less See more
#63 ·
So I snapped a few more photos. I'm about 98% done with this build, just need to finish plexiglassing the light and running the cables in a white conduit. Onefang has made me a clear intake, it should arrive any minute. Battling a bit of algae at the moment, still trying to figure out the best light timing/intensity. But I'm loving the footprint, it's VERY easy to maintain. Currently there are 4 neon tetras, 1 Oto, and 1 crazy lil dwarf puffer.

Here are some quick shots.

#65 ·
Thanks. This project has taken me much longer than anticipated, so I only get a few minutes here and there. I'm hoping to finish planting the HC in the front and the light still needs some work.
Seeing how this was my first LED attempt, I don't know what will grow. So I put about 10+ different plants into the tank and hope that something will grow. Once things begin to show me signs of growth, I will worry about shuffling things around to make a more visually pleasing plant scaping. For now, just getting the ecosystem going. Function first, then worry about the looks, right?

But for what it's worth, this footprint is kickass, very easy to work with!

#66 ·
Due to a period in which I won't be able to maintain this tank, I've decided to do the dry start method with HC. Having someone watch your planted tank is much easier handing off a DSM tank, vs. trying to school someone on a high tech setup's care list.
So hopefully when I return from my short trip, I'll have a nice carpet going. Then I can just scape over/around it with rocks or something. Here it is for now:

#67 ·
It's been a solid 6 weeks of growth in DSM, the HC is looking great! I'm thinking of keeping this 3/4 Iwagumi, then build some rock structure in the back and put some stems, grass, or small crypts in the back and creeping onto the sides. Still tossing around the ideas. Also, the LED light still needs the acrylic sides completed, hoping to finish this up soon too. :cool:

Also debating shrimp or fish with this tank...

#74 ·
So I FINALLY ran the wiring along the wall through a proper conduit, so things are looking much cleaner over here.
The only thing I'm missing from my build is a proper covering (or lamp) for my LEDs.

HC is growing nicely, I'll be removing it very soon to start something new in this tank. Something great will be happening here, high hopes on this next scape. :)

#78 ·
Yup, CREE XM-L Cool White U2 LEDs. 40 Degree Optics.
Currently the light is a bit higher than it was originally planned to be hung, but having the controller also allows me yet another means to control intensity and things. I'm very excited to flood this tank again, hoping for a lush lawn of baby tears!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.